The LES has been developed primarily as an output specification for the property industry, allowing reports to be generated from landlords' and managing agents' computer systems.
An Excel workbook is available, which:
- helps landlords to collect the data required
- calculates performance indicators for energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions
- selects appropriate benchmarks from the building characteristics provided
- compares the performance of the landlord's services with the benchmarks
- creates an average LES for the landlord's services
landlords with large portfolios will also find guidance on using the LES as an output specification for databases.
Landlords will be able to apportion their building's average LES to individual tenants and other cost centres using their own allocation methods, and following the specification provided.